Introduction to R
These are the help pages for the Genes to Geosciences introduction to R module.
Topics we will cover today:
- Preliminaries: Getting your environment set up.
- Getting started: Starting R, using it as a calculator, and variables.
- Loading data: Reading in data, viewing, and subsetting.
- Writing functions: Avoiding errors and better describing your intent.
- Data types: A digression on data types
- Repeating things: Introduction to ways of automating repetitive tasks.
- Missing data: Another digression on missing data.
I’ve collected a few resources to help you continue learning.
I’ve also made a non-exhaustive list of bad habits that you should avoid and tips you should follow.
We can’t possibly cover everything, for example.
Slides from the other days:
Afternoon of day two: statistics (by Drew Allen).
Morning of day three: plotting (by Josh Madin).